Back to Office of the Corporation Counsel main page
Government and People
1. Refine/upgrade job duties, pay & classification system based on needs of 21st century law office. Perform salary surveys. Clearly define parity.
2. Inventory pending personnel & pay adjustments and communicate status to affected employees. Develop plan to resolve issues and begin implementation.
3. Allocate and fill existing vacancies as quickly as possible.
4. Streamline attorney hiring process so it functions efficiently.
5. Evaluate cost of hiring contract litigation support
6. Develop FY02 budget with explicit & well-justified staffing increase
7. Adopt proposed mission, vision, values. Post throughout the agency.
8. Provide agency-wide training on human relations in the context of organizational change & team-building.
9. Conduct comprehensive review of agencys products, services, and potential for alternative service delivery.
10. Establish reporting & tracking system that compiles workload and staffing data.
11. Designate responsibility for internal/external communications. Begin series of regular publications.
12. Draft and issue an office-wide policies & procedures manual.
13. Resolve performance planning needs for attorneys and non-attorneys and ensure compliance with DCOP requirements.
14. Identify case tracking and calendar software tools. Schedule implementation & training before 9-30-00.
15. Improve office appearance & safety consistent with available resources.
16. Obtain professional assistance (paid or pro bono) for long-term space planning and allocation needs.
17. Reprogram $24K in funds to provide DC Codes to attorneys who lack them and acquire serial orders for library.
18. Issue the agency balance sheet, conduct training sessions to explain the OCC budget and expenditures.
19. Aggressively seek additional sources of funding for the agency and assign a position to this pursuit.
20. Identify costs associated with Training Group recommendations.
21. Re-align agency as depicted in organization chart
Back to top of page
Send mail with questions or comments to email@example.com
Web site copyright ©DCWatch (ISSN 1546-4296)