Back to Office of the Mayor main page
Government and People
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUANCE SYSTEM
Mayor's Order 2008-31
SUBJECT: Establishment of a Retirement Awards Program Pursuant to the Provisions of Section .1902. (a) (6) and 1904.7 of Chapter 19 of the D.C. Personnel Regulations, Incentive Awards
ORIGINATING AGENCY: Office of the Mayor
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Mayor of the District of Columbia by section 422(11) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act of 1973, as amended, 87 Stat. 790, Pub. L. No. 93-198, D.C. Official Code § 1-204.22 (11) (2007 Supp.), it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. Pursuant to the provisions of section 1902.1(a)(6) and 1904.7 of the Notice of Emergency and Proposed Rulemaking to Amend Chapter 19 of the D.C. Personnel Regulations on Incentive Awards, specifically Retirement Awards, to be published in the D.C. Register dated February 29, 2008, on an Emergency basis by the Director of the D.C. Department of Human Resources (DCHR), a Retirement Awards Program is hereby established for the remainder of the calendar year 2008.
2. The purpose of Retirement Awards is to recognize the length of District government service of the recipients of the award as they end their careers with the District government via retirement.
3. The following categories of employees shall be eligible to receive Retirement Awards pursuant to this Order and section 1904.7 of the Regulations:
4. The following categories of employees are ineligible to receive Retirement Awards:
No Retirement Award granted shall exceed fifty percent (50%) of an eligible employee's annual rate of basic pay, or up to twenty five thousand dollars ($25,000), whichever is lower.
6. Retirement Award payments shall be prorated in the case of part-time employees.
7. The disbursal of funds for Retirement Awards shall be subject to the following conditions:
8. For the purposes of Paragraph 4 (a) of this Order, the term "critical position" means a position whereby non-performance of the duties of the position would adversely affect the fulfillment of the mission or the function of an agency, office, or department, or any lesser organizational component.
9. For the purposes of Paragraph 4 (e) of this Order, the term "felony" means an offense that is punishable by a term of imprisonment that exceeds one (1) year or a fine of at least one thousand dollars ($1,000).
10. EFFECTIVE DATE: This 0 r shall become effective immediately.
ADRIAN M. FENTY
ATTEST: STEPHANIE D. SOTT
Back to top of page
Send mail with questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site copyright ©DCWatch (ISSN 1546-4296)