GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUANCE SYSTEM
Mayor's Order 2000-163
October 25, 2000
SUBJECT: Designation of Officials to Execute Powers of the Mayor of the
District of Columbia During Periods of Absence
ORIGINATING AGENCY: Office of the Mayor
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Mayor of the District of
Columbia by §422(1) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act ("Home
Rule Act"), approved December 24, 1973, 87 Stat. 790, Pub. L. 93-198,
D.C. Code § 1-242(1) (1999 Re p1.), it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. John A. Koskinen, City Adrninistrator/Deputy Mayor for Operations,
is designated to execute and perform the powers and duties of the Mayor of
the District of Columbia during periods of the Mayor's absence from the
District 6f Columbia.
2. In the absence from the District of Columbia of both the Mayor and
the City Administrator/Deputy Mayor for Operations, Abdusalam H. Omer,
Chief of Staff; is designated to execute and perform the powers and duties
of the Mayor of the District of Columbia.
3. In accordance with section 422(6) of the Home Rule Act, the
designation in paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Order shall not include the
Mayor's authority to approve or disapprove legislation or to approve
agreements for the provision of services between the District and Federal governments
under section 731 of the Home Rule Act.
4. This Order supersedes all previous Orders to the extent of any
5. Effective Date: This Order shall become effective immediately.
ANTHONY A. WILLIAMS MAYOR ATTEST: BEVERLY D. RIVERS SECRETARY OF THE
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA