Mark David Richards
Council Period 12
Council Period 13
Council Period 14
Government and People
Anacostia Waterfront Corporation
Boards and Com
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Management Officer
Elections and Ethics
Housing and Community Dev.
Capital Revitalization Corp.
Planning and Econ. Dev.
Planning, Office of
Public Service Commission
Regional Mobility Panel
Sports and Entertainment Com.
University of DC
Water and Sewer Administration
Youth Rehabilitation Services
Issues in DC Politics
DC General, PBC
Public Benefit Corporation
Tax Rev Comm
Term limits repeal
Voting rights, statehood
Williams’s Fundraising Scandals
Cardozo Shaw Neigh.Assoc.
Committee of 100
Fed of Citizens Assocs
League of Women Voters
What Is DCWatch?
To build citizen trust in government by delivering high quality
services in every neighborhood, through multi-agency collaboration.
What is Neighborhood Services?
- Coordinates efforts of multiple agencies.
- Addresses crime prevention needs of MPD.
- Works in partnership with the community.
- Addresses Persistent Problem Areas (PPAs) through joint development
and implementation of workplans.
- Delivers and sustains visible results.
Founded on Past Agency Efforts
- Partnerships for Problem Solving (MPD)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (DCRA)
- Service District Model (DPW-SWMA)
- Clean City Champions (DPW-SWEEP)
- No matter what the level of individual agency effort was, getting
traction with other agencies was a challenge.
DHS Coordinates with Work of "Charter" Agencies and Recent
Core Team Member Accountabilities
- Agency Representative
- Community Engagement
- Service Delivery
Leadership Team (LT) Member Accountabilities
- Agency representative
- Empowers Agency employees to deliver services
- Keeps Agency head in the loop, especially where CT work impacts
Agency policy, operations of budget
- Develops and supports partnerships between Agencies
- Monthly contact with agency Core Team and Program Managers
NSC Key Accountabilities
- Leader of the Core Team and Coordinator of multi-agency service
delivery on PPAs in each Ward
- Creates partnerships to address PPAs
- Assists in SNAP development
- Monitor non-PPA service delivery Ward issues
Selecting Persistent Problem Areas (PPAs)
- Public safety and Crime Prevention needs
- Level of Community Concern
- Volume of human service needs
- Proximity to Schools (esp. Transformation schools)
- Proximity to Facilities caring for vulnerable people
- Mobilize - Need the community with us
- Reclaim - Make a visible difference
- Revitalize - Building blocks for long-term improvement
- Sustain - Keep strong momentum through community ownership
Back to top of page